The Big Trip

Sunday 5 September 2010

Second time this year?

Hi bloggers and friends alike

Second what I hear you ask - well I'm ashamed to say that it's ony my second LO this year.

It's unusual for, for a variety of reasons. The main reason is that is is of my baby boy - Ross. For the record, I should add that my baby was 13 two weeks ago!!



I know you're probably wondering why a layout of Ross is unusual. Those of you who know me well will know that my little man is profoundly and severely affected by autism. Any photos taken of him between the ages of 10 months and 5 years usually show him in some state of anxiety or off in his own little world. Very rarely did he ever smile in those distant days. Hence why I love this photo so much and was glad to discover it in an album yesterday. It was taklen in my mum's garden and I adore his gentle little smile which actually reaches his eyes - a peaceful little boy.

The papers are from an Oriental kit I got from QVC some time back - you may remember it, the one with the silk papers and silk covered album.



Anyway, I loved them because they toned in with the little top he's wearing in the photo. Although I appeared to have a garden theme running, I didn't want to use flowers and hence the pinwheels. Ross loves pinwheels and we used to have so many of the big plastic ones - acquiring a new one with each garden centre visit!!!



The papers are all double-sided and tone in beautifully. I have also used some of the little oriental tags and fabric covered brads which came in the kit. The numbers and surrounding plaque and grungeboard element by the notable Mr Holtz and came up beautifully with some ink, Glossy Accents and accidental Stickles - I didn't ave my glasses on so used the wrong accent on the numbers.



When I thought I'd finished the layout I found this embroidered bird motif and felt it was just the final finishing touch.



There certainly seems to be quite a lot of embellishment going on on this LO and that in itself is unusual for me but this kit was so lovely to work with and so easy to keep adding bits without a fear of a crowded page. Titles were cut using Cricut "George and Basic Shapes" font.

Let me know what you think people?

TTFN

Gillx

6 comments:

  1. Gill - this is a fabulous LO! Those papers are so yummy (how did I miss that on QVC?lol)and the photo is beautiful. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely page Gill, love the colour scheme, those pin wheels are so pretty and its a really lovely photo too.
    Jackie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gill the LO is fab and no way have you gone over the top with embellishments, it's just right, it's absolutely gorgeous...

    and as for the photo, it bought tears to my eyes gill, as I know how much it must mean to you, it's such a special one, sending you tons of hugs...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful LO of your beautiful boy Gill, it really is wonderful on so many levels! Now WHY didnt I get that kit??? lol!
    Big hugs, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout Gill, everything just works perfectly together - and I'm loving how many embellishments you've used!!! Lovely photo too, bless Ross.

    Hugs - Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind comments girls. Gillx

    ReplyDelete